What's the fastest way to generate an invoice?
We are currently reviewing this article in light of recent changes, and will have an updated version soon. in the meantime, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question.
Tiro understands that you might on occasion do a mention for someone else, and don't want to spend half an hour logging every detail about the matter, and the time you've spent on it.
That's why most of the available fields in Tiro are optional. But you have to enter some data before you can generate an invoice.
Here are some step-by-step instructions to help you get that invoice sent quicker:
- Add a matter from the Matter View, or the Recent Matters pane on the Dashboard.
- Enter the long name and short name for the matter.
- Add a client. If it's someone already in your client list, then you can use the "Add new client" link at the top of the list, filling in at least these fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Salutation. (If you're wondering this is the bit which appears after the word "Dear" on the cover letter).
- Hit Save and Continue.
- Give your brief a short title and summary (they can be the same).
- Hit Save and Quit.
- From the Matter View, go to the Invoices pane on the bottom right and click on the three grey dots.
- Click "New" from the menu that appears.
- Choose Legal Profession Act or Uniform Law, depending on which applies, and hit Submit.
- Enter a description of the work you did, and the amount you are charging (ex GST)
- Hit Save and Preview.
- Hit Finalise to prevent further modification of the invoice.
- Click Save and Preview again.
- Click Send. Tiro will generate a PDF of the invoice, and send it to the client's email address you added in step 3 above.
We understand you might want to see this process streamlined even more. We are currently thinking about the best way to do this. If you're interested in making a suggestion, or in giving feedback about any aspect of Tiro, send an email at email@example.com